If you would like to live together with a group of people in a large house in Los Angeles for about 100 days, isolated from the outside world but continuously watched by television cameras, then now may be your big chance. But it also might be your big chance to win $500,000. CBS Broadcasting and Endemol Entertainment are now accepting applications and videotaped submissions for season 14.
The show is based on a group of strangers, known as HouseGuests, living together twenty-four hours a day in the “Big Brother” house, cut off from the outside world but under 24/7 camera surveillance with no privacy for three months. The events of 9/11 occurred during season 2 and was the only time house guests were informed of outside information. House guests are not allowed to sing or state movie quotes due to copyright, or talk about the production of the show or any diary room session. Normally producers will warn them and the feeds will temporarily cut off.
In thirteen seasons of the show, 151 different people have entered the Big Brother House so far. The HouseGuests compete for the chance to win a $500,000 grand prize by avoiding weekly eviction, until the last HouseGuest remains at the end of the season that can claim the $500,000 grand prize.
Applications MUST be written clearly or typed and MUST be accompanied by a videotape. The videotape must meet the following restrictions:
• Length: Maximum length is two minutes. Anything over two minutes will not be considered.
• Format: They will accept all formats with the exception of Hi-8, 8MM and Beta. VHS, mini DV, DVD are all welcome.
• Content: Tell who you are and why you would make the ultimate housemate on Big Brother. Be creative.
• Deadline: There is no firm deadline as of September 10, 2011.
Only one entry per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry. Applications will only be considered if they are complete. Complete applications consist of the following:
• Completed Application Form
• Two-minute videotape labeled clearly with your name and city/region number.
• Two color photographs of yourself, each clearly labeled on the back with your name and city/region number. One must be a close-up of your face, the other must be a full-length photo of your entire (clothed) body. Polaroids are acceptable as long as they can clearly see you.
• Identification – Attach a copy of your driver’s license, in addition to a social security card, passport or birth certificate.
Send your application and videotape submission to the following address:
Big Brother (Region #___)
P.O. Box 520
11271 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
In parenthesis after “Big Brother” on the mailing label, print the region number of the city located closest to your home:
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Charleston, SC
3. New York, NY
4. Dallas, TX
5. Cincinnati, OH
6. Tampa, FL
7. San Francisco, CA
8. Nashville, TN
9. Chicago, IL
10. New Orleans, LA
11. Atlanta, GA
12. Denver, CO
13. Louisville, KY
14. Boston, MA
15. Phoenix, AZ
Unfortunately, they will not be able verify that we have received your application. If you like, you may wish to send your application package via an expedited courier (such as Fed Ex or UPS). They will provide a tracking number that you can use to verify the receipt of your package. If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised.