Stalwart Films and Josephson Entertainment are now in production on a new 1-hour AMC television series currently using the working title of “Turn”, and the casting directors have sent out casting calls for both speaking roles and extras. Shooting is taking place in the Richmond, VA area. Production on the show’s first season will run through March 25, 2014. “Turn” is based on the Alexander Rose book “Washington’s Spies”. Casting for the guest starring and recurring roles takes place in Los Angeles, while smaller acting roles are cast in Richmond. Experienced television production crew members can submit resumes via email. Extras can register on the free official casting website and then submit by email.
“Turn” takes place in Colonial New York, Long Island, and Connecticut, when a band of young soldiers and civilians come together to form America’s first top secret spy ring, and help to turn the tide against the British. Along the way, they create the foundation of the espionage trade through trial and error, and great personal sacrifice. The show tells the unknown story of the Revolution that has never appeared in the history books – the murderous intelligence war, gunrunning and kidnapping, defectors and executioners. But “Turn” is also a spirited, touching account of friendship and trust, fear and betrayal, amid the dark and silent world of the spy.
Starring in “Turn” is BAFTA Film Award winner Jamie Bell playing the role of New York farmer Abe Woodhull. Australian actress Meegan Warner plays Mary Woodhull; English actor Kevin McNally has been cast as Richard Woodhull; Australian Film Institute AACTA Award winner Daniel Henshall plays the role of Caleb Brewster; L.A. Outfest Grand Jury Award winner Seth Numrich plays Ben Talmadge; British raised actor Burn Gorman plays Major Hewlett; Screen Actors Guild Awards winner Heather Lind plays Anna Strong; Scottish actor Angus Macfadyen plays Robert Rogers; and JJ Feild plays John Andre.
Craig Silverstein serves as head writer and executive producer. Silverstein has executive produced and written such hit series as “Bones,” “Terra Nova” and Nikita. Barry Josephson is also executive producing “Turn” under the banner of his production company Josephson Entertainment. Josephson also exec produced “Bones”, as well as such shows as “Fantasy Island” and “Secret Agent Man”. Manchester, England based Stalwart Films is the other production company behind “Turn”. Stalwart Films has leased 181,951 square feet of space from landlord Richmond International Raceway Inc., and will use the property to construct sets for filming.
AMC “Turn” Extras Casting Call Details
Award winning casting director Erica Arvold is seeking background actors for the new AMC series “Turn”, which takes place during the Revolutionary War. These are fully paid positions and no previous experience is necessary. Filming is taking place through March 25, 2014. The following is needed:
• MEN with long hair who look proper to the Revolutionary War period.
• WOMEN with long, natural looking hair.
• CHILDREN who look proper to the Revolutionary War period (slender, long hair) and are good at working with others.
• IDENTICAL TWINS, male or female, from babies to teens. (please write TWINS in the subject heading of your submission)
The Revolutionary War happened over 230 years ago, and they need background characters who look like they are from that time period. Therefore no visible tattoos and no braces. Hair should look natural, NOT processed or colored. Eyebrows should be natural, NOT modern and plucked. Teeth should look natural and real, NOT noticeably capped or modern. Long hair in both sexes is highly desirable, as well as a few days or more facial hair growth for men. Ability to see/function without physically wearing eyeglasses is needed (contacts are okay).
To be considered first go to the following website and carefully fill out all of the information requested on the free Agency Pro registration form:
Second, email three recent color snapshots with a plain solid background, one full body, one serious-look close-up headshot, and one close-up headshot smiling. Send along with name, height, weight, age, location where you live, and phone numbers. If under 18 years old include parent/guardian name. State if you are union or non-union.
Please put the following email SUBJECT HEADING for your submission (personalized to YOU):
YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, TURN
John Smith, TURN
Jane Doe, TURN, TWINS
Answer all of the following questions in your email:
• Do you have your own Agency Pro account with us which is current and updated (answer YES or NO or explain):
• Are you a Richmond/Central VA area local hire, with no lodging needed or required? (answer YES or NO):
• Do you have your own reliable transportation to/from set? (answer YES or NO):
• What is your availability from November 21, 2013 through March 25, 2014 (answer FULL AVAIL, or LIMITED AVAIL and describe):
• How many days could you work on this project (answer ALL or list number of days):
• you have been a Stand-In before, please list who you were a Stand-In for, and the production:
• If you have any physical limitations, describe here (if none, write NONE):
• For men: Would you be willing to be clean shaven if asked? (answer YES or NO):
Email all of the above to email@example.com
All actors and extras must be legally eligible to work in Richmond, VA and the United States.
The Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work on films and television productions in the Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC areas:
• Child Labor Laws of Maryland
• Additional Information on Maryland Child Labor Laws
• Maryland Minor Work Permit Application
• Maryland Teen Work Permit Instructions
• District of Columbia Employment of Minors
• District of Columbia Work Permit and Child Labor Application
• District of Columbia Work Permits for Maryland Residents
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Baltimore/Washington, DC Actors Resources:
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Casting Directors List
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Extras Casting Directors
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Acting Classes and Schools List
• Baltimore Youth Theatre Programs
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Reproduction
• Miscellaneous Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Resources
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Baltimore/Richmond/Washington, DC Actors Unions and Professional Organizations
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• PDF Users Guides
The Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit to casting directors for acting roles.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
1201 W 5th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
416 E Main Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
I highly recommend that your 8×10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
The casting directors address should be written in all capital letters on the solid side of the envelope, with the name of the project you are submitting for written directly above the casting directors name. If the role that you are submitting for is available, it should also be written above the casting directors name.
“Role of _______”
CASTING DIRECTOR NAME
CASTING DIRECTOR ADDRESS
CASTING DIRECTOR CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
416 E Main Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Experienced television crew members can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO ACTOR OR EXTRAS SUBMISSIONS TO THIS EMAIL, THEY WILL BE DISCARDED.
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Stalwart Films, LLC
4300 Carolina Avenue
Richmond, VA 23222
501 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
AMC Studios 11
New York, NY 10001
Jamie Bell – Abe Woodhull
Meegan Warner – Mary Woodhull
Daniel Henshall – Caleb Brewster
Seth Numrich – Ben Talmadge
Burn Gorman – Major Hewlett
Heather Lind – Anna Strong
Kevin McNally – Richard Woodhull
Angus Macfadyen – Robert Rogers
JJ Feild – John Andre
Set in the summer of 1778, show tells the story of New York farmer, Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.