CBS will sponsor its seventh annual talent showcase for diverse sketch comedians in January 2012 in Los Angeles. The CBS Network is known as “The Tiffany Network” and their showcases are known as the “Rolls Royce” of showcases, featuring the dynamic duo of Rick Najera and Fern Orenstein, CBS VP Casting, who change the professional lives and provide them access to open doors within the entertainment industry.
As part of CBS’ ongoing effort to expand job opportunities for all performers of color, people with disabilities, seniors women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender performers, they team up with network television casting offices to produce showcases featuring promising actors. Executive producer and writer Rick Najera (“Mad TV,” “In Living Color,” among other shows) will again direct this January 2012 showcase.
CBS Entertainment executives, casting directors from the Network’s primetime and daytime programs, as well as casting directors from shows on other networks will be on hand at the Showcase. An invitation has also been extended to casting directors from production companies that work with CBS. “For all of us at CBS, it’s about getting these talented actors work and we’re thrilled to be able to provide them access to the top casting directors, agents and executive producers in the business,” said Peter Golden, CBS Executive Vice President, Talent and Casting.
• Participants must be at least 18 years old. Previous experience/training is recommended of all, but professional representation is not necessary.
• CBS will contact performers to schedule an audition.
• Each audition will require a one-minute original sketch comedy monologue.
• ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS TO CBS.
• Deadline is Friday, September 22, 2011.
• Can be hand-delivered, if received before 5:30pm.
Please read the following carefully before submitting:
1. Submit one photo and resume only. No Tapes or Cover Letters.
2. Do not double submit through any other organization.
3. No E-mails, only hard copy submissions.
4. Please note the deadline. No submissions will be accepted past cut-off date.
Submit your photo and resume to:
Fern Orenstein, VP of Talent & Casting
Diversity Sketch Comedy Showcase
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90036
All are welcome to submit but, again as per CBS, the showcase is primarily focused on African-American, Asian-American, Middle Eastern, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, LGBT actors and performers with disabilities.